MORE SETUP PROGRESS WITH NEW ETS SPEC
Well, the third tests brings the third setup sheet (setup test #1, setup test #2)
After careful studying my notes and reports from the past test days, I noted some similarities of the Matrix tires with a tire we used in the past. For this reason I digged out my old notes from some time ago and checked our setup changes and directions.
At the end of the test weekend I was able to improve the handling and lower the laptimes by following changes:
Overall just some small changed here and there, but with a big overall effect and gain!
- Softer spring setting in front
- 4,5mm front and rear bumpsteer shims
- Little higher inner toplinks
- oOnly 1,0mm under top outer ST03 ballstuds
- 0,5mm less shims under FF and FR lower arms
- Shorter rear wheelbase (-4deg short)